- This event has passed.
Spring Basset Blast
April 27, 2019 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Spring Basset Blast
APRIL 27 @ 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
(VIP members can enter at 11:00 am)
Thank you to everyone that bought and sold Sweepstakes Tickets for ABC Basset Hound Rescue. Here are the winners:
Grand Prize $1,000: “Donate to ABC” sold by Anonymous (thank you Laura)
1st Prize $500: Renee Young sold by Shelly Gordon
2nd Prize $200: Christine Hong
3rd Prize $125: Sandi Kipa sold by Kathy Kula
4th Prize $75: Carl Rebholz sold by Steve Espeland
5th Prize $50: Alice Malyszka sold by Gail Malyszka
Join ABC Basset Hound Rescue, our volunteers, past adopters, basset owners and bassets for a fun filled day! Activities include games, contests, raffles, silent auction, shopping at The Slobber Shoppe, DJ John, vendors, Royal Court Coronation and a memorial service.
Become a Spring Basset Blast Sponsor! CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW!
Admission to the Blast is $15 for the first adult, $10 for each additional adult 17 and up. Children 16 and under and all bassets are FREE! Even though admission is only $15, we will be awarding prizes to the top 5 pledge earners who bring in the most money through a combination of online pledges and pledge money turned in upon arrival Saturday. Here are some great tools to help build up your pledges! Remember…the money from the blast helps pay our vet bills for the rest of the year!
1. Facebook Fundraising! Start a fundraiser on Facebook for ABC! Here’s how:
- When Facebook asks “What’s on your mind”, click the 3 dots on the right
- Select “support nonprofit”
- In “search for a nonprofit to support” type in “All Bassets Cherished” and select us
- Before sharing, write a note as to why you are raising money for ABC…because you adopted an amazing basset from us, because you volunteer for us, or just because you love bassets!
- Hit “share”. Be sure to share your post weekly, tag your dog friends, tag your friends you just bought girl scout cookies from, tag your friends you just whose home party you just attended.
- Remember…it’s $15 to get in the door…set up a page and have others donate so you get in FREE! (Please bring proof of online donations at entrance).
2. Dimes for Dogs Did you know that a standard 16 oz water bottle holds $90 in dimes?! Put a label on a water bottle and leave it in your entrance way, dresser, or kitchen table. Fill the bottle with your spare change every day and watch the money accumulate! Know a business that would allow you to put one there?
ABCBHR will be doing a Memorial Serviceto honor our long-eared friends and supporters/volunteers who are at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for us. Please provide us with the names of supporters and/or basset hounds who you would like us to recognize at this year’s ceremony. Please notify us of the names of the departed before April 15th. All names to be emailed to: Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Super 8 Henrietta/Rochester, 1000 Lehigh Station Rd, Henrietta. 585-359-1630 ABCBHR has made arrangements with the Super 8 Hotel for you & your pet(s) and they are waiving the pet charge for us! Conveniently located 2.3 miles from the Fair & Expo Center! $69.53 plus tax per room. Room will feature 2 queen beds or 1 king. No pets are to be left alone in the room! When calling for your reservation, please mention “ABC Basset Hound Rescue”. Cut off date for booking with discount prices is March 26th. After this date contact Gary at email@example.com
Camping: Stay right on site at The Rochester Dome! Pack up the bassets in your RV, camper, 5th wheel or pop-up. To reserve a spot, please contact Don Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 716-510-6042 for more information.
2019 SWEEPSTAKES RAFFLE
Tickets are $5 each or 3 for $10. Tickets can be purchased through The Slobber Shoppe.
Grand Prize: $1,000 cash, 1st prize: $500, 2nd prize: $200, 3rd prize: $125, 4th prize: $75, 5th prize: $50